Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant Virtual Museum

X-330 Process Building

X-330 Process BuildingThe X-330 was the first of the three process buildings to be entirely completed and released to the Atomic Energy Commission. Construction of the X-330 began in 1952. The final unit was completed and turned over on July 14, 1955. The equipment in the X-330 was similar to that of the X-333 except for necessary size and capacity changes to service the installed process equipment. The facility housed six units of X-29 or 0-size equipment (600 stages) and 5 units of X-31 or 00-size equipment (500 stages). In addition to uranium enrichment, the X-330 offered other auxiliary services such as the tails withdraw facility, cold-recovery system, interim purge facility, nitrogen plant, air compressors supporting the plant air system, maintenance shops, and administrative offices.

DATE BUILT
construction complete on July 14, 1955

SQUARE FEET
approx. 2.4M sq. ft. of floor space on two floors

ORIGINAL CONSTRUCTION COST
$153.3M


Home FACILITY HOME      Information FACILITY INFORMATION      Videos VIDEOS      Pictures PICTURES     Interviews INTERVIEWS

Return to Plant Map
 
HOME|HISTORY|PHOTOS|VIDEOS|LOCAL IMPACT|NEWS ARCHIVE|SOURCES|CONTACT US

PortsVirtualMuseum.org is operated and managed by Fluor-B&W Portsmouth for DOE

Site designed and maintained by Westside Media